14 years experience as public relations professional; 6 years experience in social media management/integration; 11 years experience in Web development; 12 years experience as a professional newspaper journalist.
- Design, code and create Websites and associated graphics using content management systems, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and PHP; Web site upkeep and revamping; plugins and content
- Use Google Analytics to track performance of online assets and improve performance
- Work with other marketing agencies as needed to coordinate efforts, plan projects and measure results
- Supervise and coordinate the work of subcontractors and staff to ensure deadline compliance and satisfaction of client goals
- Develop and execute marketing plans and campaigns
- Plan and execute events to extend client brands, raise visibility and promote customer engagement
- Obtain favorable coverage for clients in print, television, radio and online news media using news releases, social media,events, blogs and editorial opinions
- Storytelling about people and situations to advance and convey client relevance, and repurposing content across all media
- Manage and develop content for social media accounts, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Vine, Foursquare and emerging media
- Advertising brokering and buying
2012: Producer and host, Social Media Yak Weekly radio talk show on KIDO AM 580. Interviewed local and national experts
regarding best practices and emerging trends in social media.
Prior to 2001: Newspaper reporter and editorial writer, The Idaho Statesman writing daily and in-depth stories on:
- Local government, councils and elected officials in Ada and Canyon counties
- Growth, construction, development and urban planning issues and trends
- Police, courts, crime and the legal system and related trends
- Legislative and local political campaigns
- As an editorial writer: formulating/writing the position of the editorial board on the above topic areas
Programs and software
C#; Debian Linux; Access; Microsoft Office; PowerPoint; FrontPage; PowerDirector video editing; FileZilla; Logo Design Studio;
WordPress; Adobe Creative Suite;SoundForge; HTML 5, PHP and CSS. Basic knowledge of Microsoft servers and networking.
Google Analytics Individual Qualification (in process; expected completion in July 2015). Training for Websites and mobile apps covering core analysis techniques; dimensions and metrics; conversion and attribution; measurement plan creation; basic filters; creation and insertion of tagged links; ecommerce goal attainment; campaign tracking; and interpretation of audience, acquisition, AdWords, behavior, goal flow, attribution and multi-channel funnel reports.
Completed first year of Associate of Applied Science degree in Web development, College of Western Idaho. Fall 2013-Spring
2014 classes included Windows 7 and Linux networking and administration, C# programming language, Adobe Creative Suite, intermediate
PHP, MySQL, CSS3 and HTML5. GPA: 3.85
Master of Arts,cum laude, University of Oregon, major in journalism. Studied journalistic practice and conventions;
public opinion research; marketing research; concentration in statistical analysis included thesis project using two-way
analysis of variance to examine news media coverage of Central American elections.GPA: 3.3
Bachelor of Arts,University of California at Berkeley, major in rhetoric, minor in Spanish. Studied classical Greek
and Roman philosophers and modern rhetoricians, applying interpretive argumentative analysis to speeches, plays, poems, novels
and essays. Spanish courses included conversation, literature and grammar. GPA: 2.9
Fluent Spanish speaker, raised in a bilingual household and earned a minor degree in Spanish at UC Berkeley.
- Social Media Initiative of the Year by Methods for Management Association for Client Clothesline Cleaners for social media programs, 2010
- Innovator of the Year by Western Car Wash Association for client Metro Express Car Wash for social media and public involvement programs, 2009
- Trendsetter Award by WashTrends magazine for client Metro Express Car Wash for social media and public involvement programs, 2009